About Me

My photo
Surrey, B.C., Canada
I have always been an avid reader and history has always been a passion of mine. I am a huge historical fiction fan, who also enjoys reading gothic tales with chills and thrills, mystery and suspense and who loves stepping back in time..... A quote I once read stated: I don't live in the past..the past lives in me!.. Perhaps that's why I am a Family History/Genealogy Addict too!

Saturday 2 March 2013

Book Review: Catherine Mists of Time - Romanie Brooke



Catherine Mists of Time by Romanie Brooke
Kindle edition
Pages: 222
Genre: Gothic Historical Fiction
Purchased from Amazon Digital Services
Rating: 4 out of 5

                                                                                      

Synopsis:
 When Catherine and David Hammond move into their 18th century  built dream house, Catherine couldn't be happier.
That is, until strange events start to happen, blurring the timeline between the present and the past.
When the past and present collide Catherine is drawn into a world far beyond her understanding, posing the question - is it possible to return to a life already lived?

Review:
A heart thumping goodread..such a surprise!
This is the author, Romanie Brooke's first novel, and for a novice it was very entertaining.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was very believable, Haunting with well developed characters/protagonists.   I was totally absorbed in the story which sent chills down my back at times and yet, I was unable to stop reading it because it was such a compelling read. If you are a fan of Barbara Ersksine or Susanna Kearsley and you love historical time slip stories with a good contemporary suspense, historical mystery and a feeling of the supernatural. You will love reading this book. I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment